Jurnal Jaringan Telekomunikasi (Journal of Telecommunication Network) is a blind peer-review journal published by the State Polytechnic of Malang with number of ISSN (print): 2407-0807, ISSN (online): 2654-6531. This journal aims to provide a forum for students to contribute and disseminate innovative new works derived from research results in the fields of Telecommunication Engineering, Informatics, Electronics, Electricity, as well as Control and Monitoring which has never been published. This scientific code of ethics statement is a statement of the code of ethics of all parties involved in the publication process of this scientific journal, namely managers, editors, reviewers/reviewers, and authors. This statement of the code of ethics for scientific publications is based on the Regulation of the Head of LIPI Number 5 of 2014 concerning the Code of Ethics for Scientific Publications. This Scientific Publication Ethics essentially upholds three ethical values in publication, namely
- Neutrality, which is free from conflicts of interest in the management of publications;
- Justice, namely giving authorship rights to those who are entitled as authors/writers; and
- Honesty, which is free from duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism (DF2P) in publications.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Editor in Chief :
- Determine the name of the journal, scientific scope, periodicity, and accreditation if needed.
- Define editor membership.
- Defines relationships between publishers, editors, review partners, and others.
- Appreciate things that are confidential, both for contributing researchers, authors/writers, editors, and review partners.
- Implement norms and provisions regarding intellectual property rights, especially copyright.
- Reviewing journal policies and submitting them to authors, editors, review partners, and readers.
- Create behavioural code guides for editors and review partners.
- Publish journals regularly.
- Ensuring the availability of funding sources for the sustainability of journal publications.
- Building a network of cooperation and marketing.
- Improve the quality of the journal.
- Prepare permits and other legal aspects.
Editor's Duties and Responsibilities
- The editor provides comments on the author's writing so that readers can understand what the author wants to convey, through comments written on the manuscript and or discussion facilities on the journal website.
- The editor provides comments on the author's writing in accordance with the EYD (Enhanced Spelling) language or language in accordance with the standardization of the journal.
- Editors strive to improve the quality of publications on an ongoing basis;
- The editor puts forward freedom of opinion objectively,
- Editor submits corrections, clarifications, withdrawals, and apologies if needed,
- The editor ensures that the author's writing does not involve SARA or anything that can harm the Publisher and coordinates the author's writing to the editor-in-chief of the publisher if the article is slightly controversial.
- The editor receives, reviews, and follows up on complaints from all parties involved in journal publishing;
- Editors support initiatives to educate researchers on publication ethics,
- The editor does not defend his own opinion, the author or third parties that may result in an unobjective decision,
- The editor encourages writers to make improvements to their written work so that it is worthy of publication.
- The editor lays out the manuscript to be published so that it matches the journal template.
- The editor helps the editor in chief in finalizing a collection of manuscripts before they are printed and published, especially in terms of language, format and layout.
Reviewers Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide objective and unbiased written feedback regarding the scientific value and contribution of the manuscript to the development of science;
- Shows whether the writing of the manuscript is clear, complete, relevant and whether the manuscript is in accordance with the scope of the journal;
- Do not give criticism or comments that are personal; and
- Maintain the confidentiality of the manuscript, by not discussing it with unrelated parties, or disclosing the information contained in the manuscript to other parties.
Author's Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the submitted manuscript is the original work of the authors.
- Manuscripts submitted are not in the process of being reviewed by other publishers or not simultaneously sent to other publishers.
- The author is responsible for every business process of the journal until the manuscript is published.
Website Administrator Duties and Responsibilities
The website Administrator is the person responsible for managing the journal website. Specifically, the Website Administrator's scope of duties is as follows:
- Setting up a journal website;
- Configure system options and manage user accounts;
- Register for editors, reviewers, and writers;
- Manage journal features;
- View report statistics.